My fellow geocachers, with 2018 coming to a close, I thought of a wonderful idea to share those memorable geocaches you found during your wanderings this past year! This way, others may find those geocaches that inspired you! List just your top 5 - include GC number, name, type of cache, where it was located, and why special.
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year! Here is my top 5 (ok 6 - I started this, lol)
1) GC1CYZC - American WWII Aircraft - B29 Super Fortress in Randolph, New Jersey. Puzzle Cache. This was culmination of finding 23 geocaches in the series to find a whopper of an ammo can! Great history on the cache pages!
2) GC2HN2H - Raiders of the Lost Cache in Mannheim, PA
Traditional Cache. Probably one of the most favorited geocaches on the east coast. Just plain fun!
3) GC3JAY4 - Tin Man just northeast of Albany, NY. Traditional cache. Great workmanship. Theme geocache. CO a great guy if you meet him.
4) GC6KFT3 - History at the Lenox Library in Lenox, MA. Puzzle Cache. Awesome old, historical library. Fun field puzzle stages inside of the library!
5) GC7B840 - US History: Saratoga Monument & Victory Woods, in Saratoga NY. Virtual cache. National historical monument. One of the tallest obelisks in NE. Lots of history, and park personnel will give you a tour! And you get to climb to the top!
6) GC650VC - Indian Echo Caverns, near Hershey, PA. Earth cache. Privately owned caverns that provide guided tours. Very nice. Especially on a hot summer day!
Let us know your list below!